Bindoon Tourism & Travel
Bindoon is the centre of the fruit-growing and grazing district north of Perth. Bindoon has a population of some 1100 souls.
Its first European settler, William Locke Brockman, named Bindoon in 1843. Bindoon was a word used by the local aboriginal people and means place where the yams grow in that dialect.
The historic Bindoon Holy Trinity Church was erected in 1887. The renowned Bindoon Catholic Agricultural College is housed in an impressive, part-Spanish Mission, part-Italianate complex built in 1936. The Bindoon and Chittering Lakes Reserve are home to a wide range of native water birds.